KERN advises and accompanies you through the entire process, from hazard analysis and optimization strategy to the finished system. Our specialists from all fields work hand in hand – smoothly and efficiently.
CONSULTING THAT MAKES YOU SAFE
Hazard analysis and risk assessment according to the Machinery Directive
- Testing of all plant components: Electrical/automation, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics.
- Fire and explosion risk assessment
- Evaluation of the use of protective devices such as fences, doors, gates, barriers and light barriers
- Evaluation of explosion hazards (dusts/vapors)
- Preparation of the documents also in the context of reconstruction measures with substantial changes
- Fire protection evaluation and fire protection expert opinion for facilities with high fire risk
Determination of the required performance level for the safety level
The risk graph of EN ISO 13849-1 is used to determine the level of risk and the required safety level for functional safety. It is important that the risk is assessed without control measures.
Fast and safe implementation
Based on our careful analysis, we draw up an appropriate catalog of measures or the functional specification. In addition to the justified safety interests of the employees, economic considerations also flow into the planning. The “reasonably feasible”, not the “absolutely feasible” is the goal of our optimization.
We support you in the examination of standards and directives, in the preparation of CE documentation and all associated declarations of conformity.